The basic function of the driver is to deliver customer orders professionally, on time and with superior customer service.
- Assure that the orders are correct, complete and properly loaded.
- Deliver customer orders according to the routing plan.
- Drive safely to assure that the products don’t get damaged during transportation.
- Immediately notify the sales person and / or the shipping supervisor of any customer order discrepancy.
- Unload the truck and check items in front of customer and have the customer sign the invoice.
Critical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and inspect the delivery equipment (checklist) and keep it clean.
- Read instructions on the invoice.
- Pick up money when required.
- Follow company dress code.
- Treat the customer with respect.
- Improve on time delivery by 5%
- Reduce customer complaints by 5%.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Clean driving record.
- Six months of customer service experience.
- One year experience delivery experience.
- Warehouse experience preferred.
- Able to lift 50 pounds safely.
- Valid CDL License, forklift certified preferred, HAZMAT endorsement.
Organizational Relationship: This position reports to the shipping manager/branch manager
Please contact our Human Resources department for more information or to apply.